Host an Indoor Camping Party
Indoor camping parties are a great way to let your kids experience the fun of camping without having to leave the comfort of home. They’re also a great option for bad weather days or when you don’t have the time to go on a real camping trip.
Here are some tips on how to plan an indoor camping party for your kids:
Set up the scene
Start by creating a camping atmosphere in your living room or another large room in your house. You can do this by putting up a tent, sleeping bags, and lanterns. You can also decorate with camping-themed items like pinecones, sticks, and leaves.
Plan some activities
No camping party is complete without some fun activities. Here are a few ideas:
- Tell stories. Roast marshmallows (over candles or a fireplace) and tell ghost stories or campfire tales.
- Play games. Play classic camping games like charades, truth or dare, and Simon Says. You can also play camping-themed games, such as flashlight tag and hide-and-seek in the dark.
- Sing songs. Kid-friendly songs make for a fun atmosphere.
- Do crafts. Make camping-themed crafts, such as paper tents, campfire necklaces, and s’mores ornaments.
Serve campfire food
No camping party is complete without campfire food. Here are a few ideas:
- S’mores. S’mores are a camping classic. You can make them in the microwave or over candles or a fireplace.
- Hot dogs. Hot dogs are another camping staple. You can cook them over the stove or on a grill.
- Hamburgers. Hamburgers are another great option for camping food. You can cook them over the stove or on a grill. Have some veggie burgers available too.
- Trail mix. Trail mix is a healthy and filling snack that’s perfect for camping. You can make a homemade trail mix with nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and chocolate chips.
- Campfire cones. Campfire cones are a fun and easy way to serve camping food. Fill ice cream cones with marshmallows, chocolate chips, crushed graham crackers, and nuts.
Make it a sleepover
If your kids are old enough, make the camping party a sleepover. Let them sleep in their sleeping bags in the tent. You can even let them stay up late and tell ghost stories.
Here are some additional tips:
- Keep it simple. Don’t try to do too much. Just focus on having fun and creating memories with your kids.
- Be flexible. Things don’t always go as planned when hosting a party for kids. Be prepared to go with the flow and make changes as needed.
- Most importantly, have fun! Indoor camping parties are a great way to create lasting memories with your kids.
- Have a camping dance party. Play some upbeat music and let your kids dance around the house.
- Set up a scavenger hunt. Hide camping-themed items around your house and have your kids search for them.
- Play flashlight charades. One person acts out a word or phrase while the other players try to guess what it is using only their flashlights.
- Tell campfire jokes. There are many campfire jokes available online and in books.
- Read camping stories. There are many great camping stories available for children of all ages.
Indoor camping parties are a fun and easy way to let your kids experience the fun of camping without leaving the comfort of home. With a bit of planning, you can create an unforgettable experience for your kids and their friends.
For more info like this, visit AMC blogs.
By: Melissa A. Kay